Plati (Greek: Πλάτη) is a village in the northern part of the Evros regional unit in Greece. It is part of the municipal unit Trigono. In 2001 its population was 601. Plati is located on the left bank of the river Ardas, between the villages Elaia to the west and Arzos to the east.
The village was founded by the Ottoman Turks, it was known as Siderli then. After a brief period of Bulgarian rule between 1913 and 1919, it became part of Greece. As a result its Bulgarian and Turkish population was exchanged with Greek refugees, mainly from today's Turkey.
List of settlements in the Evros regional unit
Plati on GTP Travel Pages
Medieval Greece / Byzantine Empire
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/"
All text is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License