Nea Charavgi (Greek: Νέα Χαραυγή ) is a Municipal Department of the city of Kozani, located 5 km east of the center near the municipal park Kouri. The population of Nea Charavgi is 1,253.
The public corporation of electricity moved the village to its present location during the late 1980s and middle 1990s, when the original site was found to contain deposits of coal.
Tzoumas: name of the village until 1920.
Amygdala: name used between 1920 and 1960.
Charavgi: name used until the village moved to its new location.
Medieval Greece / Byzantine Empire
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/"
All text is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License